Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2023/160
Applications are invited for one position of Junior Research Fellow under the DST funded Indo- Russia project entitled “Double perovskite oxides for thermoelectric power generation”. Research potential of the applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment.
The post is purely temporary and on contractual basis. The appointment would be initially given for one year, on an extension basis up to a maximum duration of 2 years.
Post: Junior Research Fellow (one)
Project Title: Double perovskite oxides for thermoelectric power generation
M.Tech in Materials Science/ Metallurgy/ Ceramics.
Or M.Sc. in Physics/ Chemistry possessing NET/GATE score with relevant experience
Salary Range: Rs. 31000/- per month consolidated + 18% HRA as per the institute norms
Desired Experience/ Qualification:
- Strong background in Oxide electronics and electronic materials. Experience on thermoelectrics is ideal for this position.
- Hands-on experience in measurement of Seebeck coefficient, electrical conductivity, thermal diffusivity, specific heat, Hall measurement etc. in the wide range of temperature.
- Expertise on XRD with knowledge of Rietveld refinement of crystal structure will be useful.
- Experience in oxide synthesis, sintering, ceramic processing will be extremely beneficial for this project.
- The candidate is expected to be self-driven for conducting research and publishing his/her work in high quality scientific journals and conferences.
- The candidate should have demonstrated verbal and writing skills in communicating results of his/her own research.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Shortlisted candidates would be called for a presentation and interview in person or online.
Those interested must submit their application as a single PDF file comprising the followings by e-mail to the undersigned (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 23rd july 2023.
The application must contain:
- Current curriculum vitae including all educational/academic details.
- A complete list of publications/ patents
- Contact Information for two References including name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Note: The institute reserves the right fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates. Only the short-listed candidates will be called for the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Prof. Tanmoy Maiti
413 Faculty Building,
Materials Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur, U.P. 208016.