Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/271
Applications are invited for the following project position which is purely temporary in nature. Applicants can apply through post on plain paper giving details of educational qualification and experience.
Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF), No of posts: one
Project Title: "Computational study of the role of elastic anisotropy, surface stress and compositional seggregation in Ge-Si coherent heteroepitaxial growth"
Qualification: Either one of the below (a or b).
- (i) M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering / Materials Science and Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering/ Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. (i) Minimum percentage marks: 70% in M.Tech & 60% in B.Tech. (ii) If the candidate has done B.Sc and M.Sc. before M.Tech. then 60% marks are a minimum requirement at these levels. (For candidates with M.Tech. qualification).
(ii) B.Tech. from NITs (National Institutes of Technology) will also be considered (>75% or CPI of >7.5 in B.Tech) with: (i) 2 years research experience, (ii) Valid GATE score.
- M.Sc. Physics/Materials Science/Chemistry. (i) Should have taken mathematics courses at B.Sc level (with 60%). (ii) a minimum of 65% or 6.5 CPI in Master's degree, (iii) first division in bachelor's degree, (iv) JRF qualified or 95 percentile or higher in GATE. Experience of two years (in research).
Percentile=[1-(rank/no. of candidates appered in the paper)]x100
- Knowledge of finite element modeling. Experience in use of Abaqus and/or Ansys (or equivalent) finite element software. (Knowledge of any experimental technique will be given preference).
- The candidate is expected to be self-driven for conducting research and publishing his/her work in high quality scientific journals and conferences.
- The candidate should have demonstrated verbal and writing skills in communicating results of his/her own research.
Duration of appointment: Till 27 March 2020 (initial). (Can be employed in other projects after this date if applicable).
Salary: A consolidated salary of Rs. 31,000 per month for JRF.
Interested candidates may apply by sending CV/bio-data and other information as follows: (i) complete information regarding educational qualifications indicating year of passing, percentage of marks/division, (ii) complete details of relevant working experience, (iii) career goals, (iv) Photo, (v) details of GATE/JRF qualification (valid score/qualification).
No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the interview. For outstation candidates Interview may be conducted via phone/skype.
Applications should be submitted to (by email, which should reach by 5 pm 16 Aug 2019, Friday):
Prof. Anandh Subramaniam and Prof. Madhav Ranganathan
Department of Chemistry and Materials Science and Engineering
IIT Kanpur - 208016 (U.P) India
Email address for application submission:firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com