Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/182
Applications are invited for two post of Senior Project Associate. This position will be up to September 30, 2021 and purely temporary.
About the project: The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has funded 5G testbed project to encourage Indian start-ups and the industry to take an early lead in 5G technology. The goal of the project is to build a testbed that closely resembles a real-world 5G deployment. The project will deliver an end-to-end 5G testbed comprising of 5G BS and UE nodes that support enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), Ultra low latency communication (URLLC) and massive MTC including NB IoT services. This testbed could become a basis for many commercial deployments.
What is involved?
This involves designing and fabricating multiple high-end components such as baseband processing units, remote radio heads, RF modules, and baseband algorithms and software.
Who is involved?
Top Indian Institutes and start-ups such as IITK, IITD, IIT M, IISc, Sameer, and CEWiT are involved in this project. Many private companies are also a part of this effort.
Project no.: DOT/EE/2017508
Post: Senior Project Associate
Number of Post: Two
Salary range: 21600-1800-54000
Minimum Qualification: B.Tech- Computer Science/Electronics & Communication Engg
+ 1 year of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of RF design principles at least up to 6Ghz
- Knowledge of using instruments like spectrum analyser, vector signal generators/analysers etc
- Experience in working with direct conversion RF transceivers
- Working knowledge of C language
- Knowledge of cellular RF specification and testing (3GPP and FCC based)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Design of transceivers for cellular base stations
- Integration & debugging with baseband chain
- Selection & testing of RF components
- Review of RF boards designs
Instructions to apply:
Please send your resume on or before September 09 , 2020 to the below given mail id. Please [mention the post in the subject line of the email].
No TA/DA will be paid for the interview.
Dr. Rohit Budhiraja
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
The Selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Interested candidates may apply on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificates by 09 Sept 2020.
It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application. Application (soft copy) must be sent at following email address.