Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2021/214
Applications are invited for three posts of Project Executive Officer. This position will be up to July 29, 2024 and purely temporary.
About the project: The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has funded Next Generation Wireless Research and Standardization on 5G and Beyond project to encourage Indian academia and industry to contribute to the 5G+/6G standards. The goal of the project is to generate IPR and then take those IPRs as contributions to the 5G+/6G standards. All activities in this project are focused towards creating IPRs which lead to patents, designing algorithms that will make up the product design and implementation IPRs that can give a head start in developing 5G+/6G telecom products.
What is involved?
Designing and analysing physical layer algorithms for 5G+/6G standard in MATLAB and C. Understanding the future releases of the 5G NR standard, attending standard meetings, and contributing to the standards.
Project no: MEITY/EE/2021153
Post: Project Executive Officer
Number of Post: Three
Salary range: 42000-3500-105000
Min Qualification: PhD/ Master's Degree (Electronics/Communication Engineering) with significant experience and expertise in the relevant area
- Experience in designing PHY layer algorithms of wireless standards
- Deep understanding of PHY layer of 4G/5G standards
- Extensive expertise in MATLAB and C programming in designing and simulating communication systems
- Excellent background in wireless communication
- Deep understanding of communication theory, modulation schemes, receiver design, MIMO techniques
- Knowledge of 4G/5G standards
- Extensive experience in developing PHY layer algorithms preferably in MATLAB/C
- Experience in system-level simulations of 4G/5G standards
- Understanding of various wireless technologies such as massive MIMO, mmWave, non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA), unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
Responsibilities: To attend 3GPP standard meeting and to lead a team to
- Design physical layer algorithms for 5G PHY layer
- Analyse system-level performance of 5G standard by executing system-level simulations
- Use existing system level simulators and enhance them with the novel technologies.
Instructions to apply:
Please send your resume on or before Sep 23, 2021 to the below given mail id. Please [mention the post in the subject line of the email].
No TA/DA will be paid for the interview.
Dr. Rohit Budhiraja
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur