Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/190
Applications are invited for one post of Project Engineer. This position will be up to March 21, 2021 and purely temporary.
About the project: The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has funded 5G testbed project to encourage Indian start-ups and the industry to take an early lead in 5G technology. The goal of the project is to build a testbed that closely resembles a real-world 5G deployment. The project will deliver an end-to-end 5G testbed comprising of 5G BS and UE nodes that support enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), Ultra low latency communication (URLLC) and massive MTC including NB IoT services. This testbed could become a basis for many commercial deployments.
What is involved?
This involves designing and fabricating multiple high-end components such as baseband processing units, remote radio heads, RF modules, and baseband algorithms and software.
Who is involved?
Top Indian Institutes and start-ups such as IITK, IITD, IIT M, IISc, Sameer, and CEWiT are involved in this project. Many private companies are also a part of this effort.
Post: Project Engineer
Number of Posts: One
Salary range: Rs 26400-2200-66000
Minimum Qualification: M.Tech + 4 years relevant experience
- Experience in handling a team consisting of people with different skill sets and backgrounds.
- Experience in Digital design, Digital signal processing, and Communication system.
- Experience in handling oscilloscope, handling practical AM/FM system and working on bread boards.
- Technical expertise in Software troubleshooting with Update/ modify/ install software on computers
- Knowledge of error correction codes like Turbo Codes
- Experience in MATLAB programming.
- Knowledge of digital communication.
- Knowledge of control systems
- Applicant should have good experience in coordinating with various sponsoring agencies and should have good command over drafting project establishment related proposals/reports.
- Knowledge of OFDM systems.
- Knowledge of peak-to-average power ratio techniques.
- Management, negotiations with vendors and how theoretical concepts go into practice.
Instructions to apply:
Please send your resume on or before June 15th, 2019 to the below given mail id. Please [mention the post in the subject line of the email].
No TA/DA will be paid for the interview.
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur