Applications are invited for the post of Assistant Project Manager to work on a project titled “Courts, Networks and Start-ups: Institutions matter for small enterprise development in South Asia”, sponsored by IDRC, Canada. The position requires a minimum commitment of 6 months. This position is purely temporary and contractual.
Number of Positions: 02
11000-1100-22000/- per month in accordance with qualification/experience.
A) Post Graduate (M.Sc./MA) or Graduate (B. Sc. / B.A. / B. Com / BBA / BCA) + 3 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's candidates with at least 3 years of relevant work experience preferably in economics or a related field. Field experience and a strong interest in public policy and economic development is a must. Excellent oral and written English and Hindi communication skills and proficiency in Stata and the Microsoft Office suite. Mature, self-directed individual with ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment. Willingness to travel and do field work.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree in economics or related field will be experience in working with household level Indian data like IHDS, REDS & NSS as well as experience in Stata is highly desirable. Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage with policy partners of various levels.
- Designing survey questionnaires, conducting qualitative research, refining study design and surveying instruments
- Travel to various parts of the country to seek out and collect administrative data from policy partners and government agencies
- Review and report on academic literature of requested topics in support of policy briefs and research projects
- Conduct data cleaning, analysis on primary and large secondary data sets using STATA
- Prepare detailed project reports for the funding agencies
How to apply
Send an email with a copy of your CV and academic transcript, along with the names of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date is 14th Nov, 2017. We will get in touch with you in case you are shortlisted for an interview.
Dr. Sarani Saha
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur