Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/245
Position: Senior Project Executive Engineer
No. of positions: 2 (Two)
Applications are invited for the post of “Senior Project Executive Engineer” in the Project numbered 2017518 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelors/Masters degree in relevant fields from IITs or IISc, and demonstration of outstanding talent either in the form of publications in top tier conferences/journals, history of delivery of project outcomes as a student or as employees in previous jobs.
Consolidated Salary range: Rs.1,00,000 – 10,000 – 2,00,000 INR per month.
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
Desired qualifications (At least 4 out of the following)
- Hands-on experience in Cryptographic protocols
- Hands-on experience with developing applications on a Blockchain
- In-depth knowledge of Hashing algorithms (MD5, SHA256, and SHA3), commitment schemes(Pedersen commitment and ElGamal encryption-based), Symmetric and Asymmetric encryption schemes (DES, AES, RSA, ECDSA, ElGamal), digital signatures, ring Signatures, and secret sharing schemes
- Active research work related to Zero-Knowledge proofs, Secure multiparty computation, Pairing based cryptography, Attribute-based encryption scheme, Homomorphic encryption
- Hands-on experience in coding in blockchain platforms and developing Smart Contracts will be a plus.
- Very good writing, and speaking ability in English
- Ability to work on deadline-driven projects
Work:The candidate’s major tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Developing Industry scale applications on Blockchain platforms
- Development of Smart Contracts
- Debug and Analyze Smart Contracts
- Developing new Blockchain protocols and integrate with existing open-source Blockchain Platforms
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Application Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, and it’s compulsory to fill the Google Form. At the time of the interview, you must bring copies of the degree certificate and grade sheets for all degrees, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address OR you can upload a zip file with a scanned copy of all the documents in this Google Form: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science, and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP. Please note that if a detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied for on the envelope.
Last date of receipt of application: November 05, 2020, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: 2nd week of November 2020
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur