Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/269
Position: Project Engineer
No. of positions: 1 (one)
Applications are invited for the post of "Project Engineer" in the Project numbered 2016466 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
Minimum qualification: M. Tech in Electrical Engineering or relevant field 'OR' B.Tech in Electrical Engineering or relevant field with MBA 'OR' B.Tech in Electrical Engineering or relevant field with 3 years relevant exp.
Consolidated Salary range: INR 26400-2200-66000.
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
- Hand's on experience with programming software's like Proficy Machine Edition (GE), ABB Control Builder Plus, Phoenix PC Worx, Fuji HMI, Unity Pro, etc.
- Hand's on experience in installation and commissioning of control panels.
- Knowledge of cable and cable tray selection, sizing, routing, glanding, laying, termination etc.
- Knowledge of RFQ generation and BOQ preparation.
Work: The candidate's major tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Installation & commissioning of PLC & RTU panels.
- Installation & commissioning of Generators, transformers, HT / LT/ PMCC panels.
- Installation and commissioning of HMI & SCADA systems.
- Prepare presentations and reports.
- Presentation of work at meetings and conferences.
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Application Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, and it's compulsory to fill the google form at https://forms.gle/55C9kbgLpZTNW3mr7. At the time of the interview, you must bring copies of the degree certificate and grade sheets for all degrees, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as submission through this Google Form: No other form will be acceptable. Please note that if a detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied in the cover letter.
Last date of receipt of application: December 5, 2020, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: 2nd week of December 2020
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur