Position: Project Engineer
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the post of “Project Engineer” in the Project numbered SERB/CS/2016446 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
- B. Tech in Computer Science / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication or related disciplines with minimum 3 years of industrial/research experience
- M. Tech in Computer Science / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication or related disciplines
- At least 60% marks in academics
- Hands on experience in installation and commissioning of HT, LT & PMCC panels
- Hands on experience in installation and commissioning of HT Transformers
- Experience of thermography of electrical panels
- Experience in design and development of electrical drawings using Autocad
- Experience of operation and maintenance of fully automated power distribution system
- Knowledge of cable and cable tray selection, sizing, routing, glanding, laying, termination etc.
- Knowledge of RFQ generation and BOQ preparation.
- Fluency in English language to make presentations and report writing
Consolidated Salary range: INR 22000-2200-44000.
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of electrical drawings.
- Installation & commissioning of Generators, transformers, HT / LT/ PMCC panels
- Installation and commissioning of PLC panels
- Prepare presentations and reports.
- Presentation of work at meetings and conferences
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, copies of degree certificate and grade sheets for all 4 years of B. Tech, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Head, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP. Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected.
Last date of receipt of application: 15 November 2017, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: November 25, 2017.
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur