Position: Project Associate
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the post of “Project Associate” in the Project numbered SERB /CS /2016466 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
- B. Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- At least 60% marks in academics
- High Proficiency in C++
- Hands on experience in Cyber Security Penetration Testing Tools
- Hands on experience in Simulating Cyber Physical Systems
- Hands on experience in malware capture and analysis
- Hands on experience in Cyber Threat Intelligence Data Collection
- Fluency in English language to make presentations and report writing
- Hands on experience in Machine learning tools
- Willingness to learn and apply machine learning tools in cyber security
Consolidated Salary range: INR 15000-1500-30000.
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Develop software to implement machine learning tools
- Develop large C/C++ programs for simulating Cyber physical systems
- Developing scripts to collect threat intelligence and create threat intelligence dash boards
- Develop scripts employing penetration testing tools for vulnerability detection in SCADA
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, copies of degree certificate and grade sheets for all 4 years of B. Tech, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Head, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP. Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected.
Last date of receipt of application: Posted application must reach the office of the advertiser by 14 Nov, 2017, before 5pm.
Tentative date of interview: Nov 24, 2017
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur