Applications are invited for a Project Associate position for the sponsored project, titled“Mechanism of Antibiotic Resistance by Class-C Lactamase and NDM-1” by Dr. Nisanth N. Nair (Department of Chemistry, IIT Kanpur). The post is purely temporary and on contractual basis
The work involves development of computational techniques for modeling complex chemical reactions. In this respect, we are also looking for candidates with good mathematical skills and good understanding of classical mechanics, statistical mechanics and quantum mechanics. The project work provides an opportunity to learn simulation techniques, molecular
dynamics simulations using empirical force-fields, QM/MM simulations, and rare event sampling techniques. This project provides an opportunity to learn concepts of sampling
methods and parallel programming.
• Shalini Awasthi and Nisanth N. Nair, J. Chem. Phys. 146, 094108 (2017).
• Vekat Kapil, Shalini Awasthi, and Nisanth N. Nair, J. Comput. Chem. 37, 1413-1424(2016).
• R. Tripathi and Nisanth N. Nair: ACS Catalysis 5, 2577-2586 (2015), J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 14679-14690 (2013), J. Phys. Chem. B 116, 4741-4753 (2012).
Description of the Post
• Qualification: M. Sc. Physics
• Salary: Rs. 15000–1500–30000 pm
• Duration of the post: 1 year
• Last date of receiving applications: June. 30, 2017
• It is preferred to have previous experience in molecular modeling or programming skills
Application should be submitted by filling the form in the link below:
Dr. Nisanth N. Nair
Department of Chemistry
IIT Kanpur, Kanpur 208016