Position: Project Associate
Advt. No. IITK/CHM/DBT/NN/2018/01
Applications are invited for a Project Associate position for the sponsored project, titled "Mechanism of Antibiotic Resistance by Class-C Beta Lactamase and NDM-1" by Dr. Nisanth N. Nair (Department of Chemistry, IIT Kanpur).
Appointment is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
The work involves development of computational techniques for modelling complex chemical reactions. In this respect, we are looking for candidates with good mathematical skills and good understanding of classical mechanics, statistical mechanics, and quantum mechanics. The project work provides an opportunity to learn simulation techniques, especially rare event sampling.
Description of the Post:
- Qualification: M. Sc. Physics (Completed)
- Previous experience in molecular modelling is necessary
- Knowledge in Fortran 90 is necessary
- Knowledge in MPI90 is necessary
- Salary: Rs. 15 000-1500-30 000 pm
- Duration of the post: 1 year or till the end of project whichever is earlier
- Last date of receiving applications: April 3, 2018
- Application should be submitted by filling the form in the link below:
Dr. Nisanth N. Nair
Department of Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
208016, Uttar Pradesh