Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/96
IIT KANPUR invites application for the post of Project Post Doc Fellow (post-doctoral research fellow ) in the project "Phase diagram of salt hydrate in presence of surfactant ” sponsored by Unilever R&D.
- Ph.D. in Physics/ Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- The candidate should have significant experimental and theoretical knowledge in the field of interfacial science.
- The candidate should have experience with state of art experimental equipment’s such as DSC, Goniometer, UV-Vis.
- The candidate should have experiment in the development of surfactants/nanomaterials
- Additional experience in modelling and simulation using molecular simulations and/or analytical means would be desirable.
- Understanding of solution thermodynamics and experience with experimental means to evaluate the phase diagram would be desirable
Nature of Work
The candidate wold be responsible to develop activity model of surfactant-ion-water system using experiments and modelling technique. The candidate would be working with two members of the group and jointly coordinate with Unilever. The candidate will also have to guide the Ph.D. student and assist the PI in other research activities.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts will be till the end of the project, November 30, 2020. However, If performance of the candidate is good, extension of the term in other ongoing project will be considered.
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Consolidated salary: 50,000/55,000/60,000
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
Last date for receipt of application: May 27, 2020. Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to :
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
Ph. 0512 259 6141