Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2023/169
Applications are invited for one post of Project Post-doctoral fellow in US Department of State via DUKE University sponsored project "Building capacity to improve air quality in South Asia: Reducing PM2.5 through low-cost sensor network driven policy decisions". If you are passionate about air quality and challenges of the research area, then we would love to hear from you.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering/Atmospheric Sciences/Chemistry/Climate Sciences.
- Strong background in atmospheric science and air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing/measurement.
Impressive publications record in high impact air quality research journals.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for coordinating and running large scale network for air quality measurements using low cost sensors. The candidate would be in-charge of the sensors and will be responsible for their regular operation, calibration and maintenance. The candidate will also take part in analysis of large data sets evolved during such monitoring. This post is a part of a larger project of international importance and the candidate will have an opportunity to interact with leading international scientists in this field.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the post is for 1.0 year approximately or end of the project date. Renewal will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
- The post is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
- Consolidated salary: Rupees 60,000/-
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. The selection will be based on online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
He/she will get the opportunity to work in a conducive environment and can avail the hostel/family accommodation facility at IITK. Interested candidates may apply via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) giving full details qualifications and experience with copies of relevant certificates by July 26, 2023. The Selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. Shortlisted candidates will be informed the date of interview by email.
Dr. Sachchida N. Tripathi, Professor
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology