Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/176
We invite applications for one Projcet Post Doc Fellow (post-doctoral research fellow) in project titled, "Evaluation of Pradhan Mantri UjjwalaYojana (PMUY) in 6 states of India" sponsored by National Health System Resource Centre, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.The project is of national importance. Only apply if you are passionate about the practical impacts of air qualityon human health.
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering / Atmospheric Chemistry / Civil Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Chemistry or related fields
- Experience with air quality monitoring background in big data analysis
- Ability to cooperate in an interdisciplinary and international team
- Very good communication, English language, and organization skills
- Good publication record in high impact journals in the relevant subject.
- Programming skills
Nature of Work
Data from the low-cost sensors will be linked to health related data collected from the project. Long-term field evaluations will be done using sensor-based air quality monitoring technology. One of the aims would be to understand the effects of biofuel burning for cooking in rural India. Data processing, curation and analysis has to be done meticulously to find relevant patterns.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above post is for 2 year. Appointment will initially be for one year. Renewal will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Consolidated salary: 50,000 per month
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. The selection will be based on online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Interested candidates may apply via email (to email@example.com) giving full details qualifications and experience with copies of relevant certificates by 03 September 2020.
The Selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. Short-listed candidates will be informed the date of interview by email. Interested candidates may apply at the email given above, providing full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificates by 03 September 2020. It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application. Application (soft copy) must be sent at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Sachchida N. Tripathi, Professor
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur - 208016
Tel: 0512-2597845, Fax: 0512-2597395