Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/177
Applications are invited for two Project Post Doc Fellows (post-doctoral research fellow) in project" Contribution to Research for Clean Air Project in India" sponsored by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). If you are passionate about air quality research, then we would love to hear from you.
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering/Civil Engineering/Atmospheric Sciences/Aerosol Science/Physics/Climate Sciences or a related quantitative field.
- Strong background in atmospheric science, air quality sampling, air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing/measurement.
Impressivepublications record in high impact air quality researchjournals.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for coordinating and running large scale campaign for air quality measurements. The candidate would be in charge of high-end instruments and will be responsible for their regular operation, calibration and maintenance. He/she will be required to travel to out of station as and when required for the project. The candidate will also take part in analysis of large data sets evolved during such campaigns. This post is a part of a larger project of international importance and the candidate will have an opportunity to interact with leading international scientists in this field.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the post is for 3.0 years. Appointment will initially be for one year. Renewal will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Consolidated salary: 50,000
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. The selection will be based on online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Interested candidates may apply via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) giving full details qualifications and experience with copies of relevant certificates by 03 September 2020.
The Selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. Short-listed candidates will be informed the date of interview by email. Interested candidates may apply at the email given above, providing full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificates by 03 September 2020. It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application. Application (soft copy) must be sent at the following email address: email@example.com
Dr. Sachchida N. Tripathi, Professor
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur - 208016
Tel: 0512-2597845, Fax: 0512-2597395