Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/301
Applications are invited from highly motivated young persons for a Senior Research Fellow (SRF)/Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in a CSIR sponsored project as per the details given below.
No. of Posts: One
Project Title: Structural Control Using Tuned Liquid Dampers: An Investigation Through Real-Time Hybrid Simulation
For SRF(any one of the following):
- ME/MTech or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering with specialisation in Structural Engineering with at least 60% marks.
- BE/BTech or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering with at least 60% marks and at least two years of post-BE/BTech research experience, as evidenced from published papers in standard refereed journals.
If a suitable candidate is not found for the SRF post, the appointment may be considered at the level of JRF, which requires BE/BTech or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering with 55% marks and passing of GATE test.
- Strong background in structural dynamics and numerical methods.
- Experience in laboratory structural testing will be given preference.
- Experience in using MATLAB and Simulink.
- The candidate should be motivated for conducting high-quality research and publishing his/her work in international journals and conferences of repute.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills.
Nature of Work:
This research involves both computer simulation and physical laboratory testing. The former requires rigorous numerical modelling of linear and nonlinear structural systems and components in various software programs including MATLAB, Simulink, and OpenSees. The latter includes laboratory testing of structural components using a shaking table and servo-hydraulic actuators.
A consolidated salary of Rs. 35,000 per month for SRF or Rs. 31,000 per month for JRF.
The upper age limits for JRF and SRF are 28 and 32 years respectively as on the day on which the application is made. The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/tribes/OBC, women and physically handicapped candidates.
Duration of Appointment:
The post is purely temporary, and the initial appointment will be for one year only. The appointment may be extended after one year depending on the requirement.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their CV which must contain the following information: (i) educational qualification indicating year of passing, percentage of marks/division or CPI, (ii) relevant work experience, if any, (iii) career goals, (iv) a photograph of the candidate, (v) GATE score.
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview. They will be informed via email at least a week before the interview. During the interview, the shortlisted candidates need to produce the relevant original certificates and submit a photocopy of the same. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualification and work experience will not be called for the interview. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com on or before 21 September 2019. The advertisement number (P.Rect./R&D/2019/301) must be mentioned in the subject line of the email.
Dr. Chinmoy Kolay
Department of Civil Engineering
IIT Kanpur, India – 208016
Tel. 0512 -259-6282 (off.)