Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2023/236
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the position of Computer Analyst
Position: Computer Analyst.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualification: MCA/ MSc/ MTech + 3 years relevant experience in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics or equivalent with demonstrated experience in analyzing large genomics data.
Essential Skills Required:
- Hands-on experience in analyzing large genomics data is essential.
- Knowledge/experience in WGS, WES, Methylome profiling, WTS, GWAS and population genomics will be preferred.
- Should have expertise in handling big data on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to write code in R or Python for specific data analysis requirements.
- Experience in designing and developing the bioinformatics pipeline.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work across teams and function effectively.
- Publication in the related field will be preferred.
Job responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis, such as WES, RNA-Sequencing, Epic-array methylation data using standard guidelines. Skilled in the interpretation of mutations/CNVs/SVs and designing and developing pipelines for statistical analysis for basic and translational research.
- Analyzing and integrating multi-omics data (Transcriptomics, Genomics and Methylome) generated from high-throughput sequencing.
- Assist in report generation for the interpretation purpose.
- Support in data analysis of projects. Coordinating with the research team to improve the quality of the reporting process.
The last date for the receipt of applications is 31st October 2023. *Extended till November 07, 2023. Clearly mention the post in the Subject line while applying.
Send your application by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is temporary, currently for a year, but extendable until the end of the project based on performance. Hard copy of the application is NOT required at this stage.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. Applications that do not meet the minimum qualification and desired work experience will not be entertained.