Advertisement Number: P.Rect./IP/DOAD/2021/36
Applications are invited for temporary or contractual posts of Project Technical Officer at IWD, IIT Kanpur.
Minimum Qualification and past qualification experience: Minimum 3 years of Diploma in Electrical engineering + 15 years relevant experience
Desirable Qualification: Minimum 3 years engineering diploma in Electrical engineering from reorganized Institute with Direct experience of five years or more in the substation.
Desirable experience: Candidate should have experience in monitory and maintenance in the following areas.
- Monitoring of smart grid control room or other sites in the Institute as and when required by the Institute.
- Round the clock O&M of SCADA control room. O&M of 33/11 KV Sub Station supervision and electrical distribution system.
- Any work assigned by the higher authorities from time to time.
- Working knowledge of computer application, AutoCAD and Visio etc.
- Installation and observation of Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) and GPS clock.
- Advance Metering Infrastructure (AMI) – Installation, Monitoring and Maintenance of smart meters, Renewable integration along with Grid-Tie/ Hybrid Inverters, Home Automation Solution (HAS).
- SCADA –Erection, Installation and Maintenance of RTU,communicable panel meters, connection of status and command etc for integrating it with Husky and Sirius.
- Substation – Panel wiring, CT, PT connection, transformer and Circuit Breaker status and command connection.
- Knowledge of RLC, PLC of Substation Panel.
- Knowledge of microcontroller, like Atmel series (Arduino) and microcomputer like Raspberry Pi.
- Electrical and electronics maintenance of GPM, SPM, PLC, CNC, machines & Circuit design and circuit modifications in RLC panel.
- Preventive and current maintenance of transformer (750 kVA – 2000kVA).
- Generator operation, maintenance and maintenance of change over switches.
Salary: Rs. 24000-2000-60000/- per month based on qualification
Number of positions: One
IWD office reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualification and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
The candidates, who will be called for interview, have to show their original certificates, experience certificates etc. at the time of interview.
Interested candidates may apply by Oct. 20, 2021 up to 5 PM giving complete information regarding educational qualifications indicating year of passing, percentage of marks/ division and details of working experience in prescribed format (Form No.DOAD-IP-203) along with self attested Xerox copies of testimonials at the address mentioned below.
Institute Works Department
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur (U.P.) 208016