Advertisement Number: P.Rect./IP/DOAD/2022/13
Applications are invited for the following temporary & contractual post to work as Project Technician in the project "Facility Management of Computer Labs". The details of the position and required qualification and experience of applicant are given below:
Post: Project Technician
Minimum Qualification and post Qualification Experience: B.Sc. + 4 years experience Or 3 Years Engg. Diploma + 4 years experience Or High School + ITI + 9 Years of experience.
Desirable Qualification and Experience:
- Over 04 Years of IT experience in higher education institutes like IITs/ IIMs/ NITs etc.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and networking.
- Experience in managing large computer labs with the large number of specialized application software.
- Update/modify/install software on the large number of computers in a short time via cloning.
Nature of work:
The candidate's profile along with tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Installation, upgrade, support, and troubleshooting of various operating systems
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of printers
- Installation and maintenance of specialized software like AutoCAD, Aspen, EViews, MATLAB, STATA, SPSS,)
- Resolving problems of Faculty, Staff, and Students regarding the operating system and application software
Salary: Rs. 14400-1200-36000/- per month based on qualification and experience
Duration of appointment: one year (extendible, on yearly basis, based on performance)
Number of positions: Three (3)
Please note that the labs operate from 8AM to 2AM on all days including Saturdays and Sundays except on some selected holidays as declared. The selected persons would be required to work in day shift (8AM to 5PM) or night shift (5PM to 2AM).
Interested candidates are requested to apply with latest CV and on form available on DOAD-IP-203. The application along with self-attested copies of relevant education qualification and experience may be submitted by 04 April 2022, 05:00 PM *Extended till 11 April, 2022 in a sealed envelope superscribed "Application for the post of Project Technician"to the undersigned:
Dean of Digital Infrastructure & Automation,
Computer Centre, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur-208 016 UP
The shortlisted candidates will be informed by email.