Applications are invited for admission to July 2023 semester in the following programmes:
M Tech: Aerospace Engineering * Unmanned Aerial Systems Engineering * Biological Sciences & Bio engineering * Chemical Engineering * Civil Engineering (In all Specializations except Infrastructural Engineering and Management)* Cybersecurity * Computer Science & Engineering * Cognitive Systems * Earth Sciences * Electrical Engineering * Management Sciences * Materials Science & Engineering * Interdisciplinary Programme on Materials Science * Mechanical Engineering * Photonics Science and Engineering * Sustainable Energy Engineering * Space Science and Astronomy *
MS (BY RESEARCH): Aerospace Engineering * Civil Engineering (Only in Environmental Engineering and Geoinformatics) * Chemical Engineering * Cybersecurity * Computer Science & Engineering * Cognitive Science * Electrical Engineering * Mechanical Engineering * Photonics Science & Engineering * Sustainable Energy Engineering
PhD: Aerospace Engineering * Biological Sciences & Bio engineering * Chemical Engineering * Civil Engineering * Computer Science & Engineering * Earth Sciences * Electrical Engineering * Management Sciences * Materials Science & Engineering * Interdisciplinary Programme on Materials Science * Mechanical Engineering * Nuclear Engineering & Technology * Photonics Science and Engineering * Sustainable Energy Engineering * Chemistry * Cognitive Science * Economic Sciences * Earth Sciences * Mathematics * Statistics * Physics * Space Science and Astronomy *
PhD (HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES): English (Literature, Linguistics & ELT) * Fine Arts * Philosophy * Psychology * Sociology
Masters of Design & PhD (Design)
M.Sc. (2 Years) - Economics
Diploma of IIT (DIIT) Programme: The DIIT programme is being offered in three areas under the Geoinformatics specialization:
* Geodesy * Navigation and Mapping * Remote Sensing and GIS
Detailed information on PG programmes offered at IIT Kanpur is available at:
- Reservations [EWS/SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/DAP] shall apply as per Government of India (GoI) norms
- For Application Form, Reference Letter Form, Information Brochure, Eligibility Criteria and other relevant details, please visit:
- Students who are in final year of their programme (likely to finish the programme by July 27, 2023) may also apply and secure provisional admission for the session commencing in July, 2023 (2023-24-I Semester).
- Financial support (Institute Assistantship/Scholarship) will be provided to non-sponsored PhD, MTech and MS (By Research) students.
- Those employed in industry or a college/university/institute may apply for admission as sponsored, external or part-time candidates. The last date of accepting applications under these categories is May 31, 2023 . Further information on these categories of admissions is available at: Important Links
Important Links Apply Online
Click the link for the concerned department to get detailed information about the department
Withdrawn from the Programme:
- The last date of withdrawal from the programme (with Rs 1000/- deduction) is July 11, 2023. Only caution money will be refunded if withdrawal is done after registration. Please note the insurance fees will also be deducted if withdrawal is done after registration.
- Refund processing will be taken up after August 15, 2023. Refund may take up to 21 working days.
- Withdrawal applications should be submitted through the below mentioned link along with below mentioned documents:
- Signed application for withdrawal consisting of all details
- Fee payment receipt
- Bank details (Name, Brach, IFSC code, A/C no, address)
- Photo copy of front page of passbook
- Departments may decide different dates for withdrawl depending on the offer made at diiferent rounds. Departments may design a different Google form and decide a different withdrawl date, which may take precedence over the July 11, 2023 withdrawl date. New
For assistance related to foreign nationals applications ( Study in India / ICCR / ASEAN etc) kindly get in touch with Office of International relations. (https://www.iitk.ac.in/oir/contact)
Details on the admission for candidates in Foreign Nationals category can be found at: Click Here
How To Apply
- The online application portal will be available from March 22 (Wednesday), 02:00 pm to April 11 (Tuesday), 02:00 pm, Go to "Important Links". The deadline is extended up to April 14 (Friday), 12:30 pm. Please note that this is a hard extended deadline. No further extension would be made.
- Indian as well as Foreign Nationals can apply only through online mode of application. The last date for receiving applications in online modes is April 11 (Tuesday), 02:00 pm. The deadline is extended up to April 14 (Friday), 12:30 pm. Please note that this is a hard extended deadline. No further extension would be made.
- PhD applicants must arrange for two letters of reference as well. For this purpose, the names of the referees along with their e-mail addresses are to be provided by the candidate at the online applications portal. The referees will be contacted electronically through an auto generated mail with a request to submit their recommendations online.
- MTech Admissions: All the admission offers to GATE qualified-candidates will be displayed on the Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP). Candidates must register at the COAP portal for viewing and accepting their offers. Registration on COAP portal is free. Candidates are advised to download COAP 2023 information brochure and follow the guidelines (https://coap.iitkgp.ac.in/) for participation. For these candidates, COAP Registration number is mandatory for applying at the IIT Kanpur Admission Portal. The offers to candidates who have not qualified GATE will be communicated directly to the candidates by the department via E-mail.
- The application fee is Rs.500 for General, EWS, OBC and OBC-NCL candidates and Rs.250 for SC/ST and all DAP candidates. The application fee is waived for candidates in the 'Foreign National' category.
- Separate application form is to be filled for each programme or department.