1. Estimation of iron in minute quantities by UV-vis spectrophotometry
2. Principles of colorimetric analysis: determination of iron content of an unknown sample.
3. Preparation of hexamminenickel(II)chloride: estimation of ammonia and nickel by titrimetric and gravimetric methods
4. Determination of complex composition using simple techniques
5. Preparation of diamagnetic and paramagnetic main-group and transition-metal acetylacetonates
6. Synthesis, isolation and spectroscopic characterization of the complexes
7. Synthesis and characterization of ferrocene and acetylferrocene
8. Synthesis of the complex and their purification using chromatography
9. Acid-base and redox titration of tablets containing Vitamin-C
10. Estimation of ascorbic acid in Vitamin-C tablets
11. Paper chromatographic separation of Cu2+, Fe3+ and Ni2+
12. Utilization of paper chromatographic techniques to separate the metal salts
13. Spectrophotometric determination of phosphate: estimation of phosphate in cola drinks
14. Determination of concentration of phosphates applying Beer-Lambert law
15. Potassium tris-oxalatoferrate(III): synthesis, analysis and photochemistry
16. Synthesis of the complex and its utilization in blue-printing experiment
Elias, A. J., A Collection of Interesting General Chemistry Experiments, Universities Press (India) Pvt. Ltd., 2002.
Roesky, H. W.; Möckel, K., Chemical Curiosities: spectacular experiments and inspired quotes, VCH, 1996.
Hand-outs prepared for the laboratory experiments: collections from various literature sources