undertaken in the Central Glass Blowing Section
Central glass blowing section (CBGS) is equipped
with sophisticated glass and quartz blowing equipments such as Litton
lathe, Eilser lathe 2 Nos. and Woodland lathe, Furnace, Cutting machine,
Drilling machine, Glass Strain Viewer and Surface Grinder, Glass Blowing
Bench Burners, Vacuum pump Etc.
The unit can undertake jobs to construct high vacuum glass apparatus
and other related glass blowing work. On a regular basis the unit is
making High vacuum glass Manifold systems and other types of complicated
glass and quartz apparatus. On an average, approximately 2000 job orders
are completed in every calendar year.
Following is the list of jobs carried out in CGBS:
- Fabrication and Modification various type of glass apparatus as
- All type of condensers, like reflux, distillation, single and double
jacket coil condenser dry ice condenser etc.
- Water Still Apparatus 5 Ltrs.
- Dewar flask with Silver coating.
- Soxhlet Extraction Apparatus.
- 2/3/4 neck Round bottom flask up to 10 Ltrs.
- Reaction vessel with flat flange and Jacketed vessel.
- Vacuum sealing of sample.
- Glass to metal seal (tungsten /Platinum to Borosil glass)
- Repairing of various glass apparatus.